Dear Students, Staff and Parents:
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! Our mission at Horizon Science Academy Cleveland High School is to prepare our students to succeed in college and the world by offering high-quality, college-prep, STEM education. Our vision is to reach 100% graduation and 100% college or career placement.
To reach our vision, my staff and I promote the following six core values in our building:
- Respect – All members of the school community (students, parents, and staff) have equal worth and should be treated with respect.
- Responsibility – All people have choices, and teachers, parents, and students should be responsible for their actions.
- Integrity – Belonging to a community requires a commitment to the common good. The community is stronger when everyone can be counted upon to be honest and trustworthy.
- Courage – Having the courage to try new things expands minds and causes students, parents, and staff to reach beyond their own expectations.
- Curiosity – The ability to wonder and to create connections stimulates further learning. Inquiry will be fostered on the part of parents, staff, and students.
- Effort – Success is accomplished when students, family, and staff are willing to do what it takes to accomplish their vision of the future.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.